Friday 24 August 2007

How many sleeps?

It's beginning to feel very close! It's just a couple of weeks until I go now, and I'm trying not to get too excited. Not least because I have exams in the meantime and all my energy should be diverted towards them. It's definitely brown undies week, these are very important and I'm very scared. I'm doing my best to give it 100% whilst wanting to disappear into the hills with a tent, my fishing rod and the dog. You know when it all just feels a bit much? Well that's this week. My Auntie died on Tuesday of cancer, I saw her on Sunday when she was very ill, but still able to hear us. I am lucky, I got the chance to tell her I loved her. So it's been a turbulent week, but I'm back focused on my goal.

I've collected so much stuff for the hospital in India that I can't carry it, so I've sent some things on ahead, and some to one of the staff who is currently in England but going back out in a week or two. Apparently the compounders have been getting jealous of all us Glasgow students wearing surgical scrubs - they don't have any. So I was delighted to recieve a donation of ex NHS scrubs that were getting binned. The salvageable ones are coming out with me for the guys. I've even got a couple of scrub dresses! So thankyou to the anonymous donor, and also to Lindsay McFadyen for donating out of date medical equipment, especially sutures. Donkeys don't seem to mind if things are out of date.

I suppose todays message is one I learned from an undertaker. He says to tell people that you love them whilst you can, because he's seen too many people crying "I should have told them when I had the chance". He's right - don't be one of those heartbroken people.

No comments: