Wednesday 15 August 2007

Acknowledgments

Things are picking up in the planning department, I've confirmed the flights, car transfers, which hotel I want, all my train tickets and various other little bits. Tomorrow it will all be finalised and paid for (hopefully by the fairies).

I wanted to post a brief acknowledgment to some of those who are supporting this project.
  • Intervet for a donation of £150
  • Hills for a donation of £50
  • Schering-Plough for a donation of £50 and some rabies vaccines
  • Royal Canin for a donation of pens for the surgery and an offer of raffle prizes
  • Fort Dodge for a donation of antibiotic tablets
  • Glasgow Royal Infirmary for collecting out of date sutures for me to take
I'm very grateful for all the help I've been given, with a bit of luck I will be able to add to this list in a few days. All donations have gone directly to the animal hospital and will pay for treatments for the animals. The charity is run by volunteers so there are no admin costs to pay. Every penny raised goes to the hospital, something of which I thoroughly approve.

I've been getting all my bits of kit together (makes me feel intrepid) and sticking them in a bag to stop me playing with them too much. I am now the proud owner of a silk sleeping bag liner, made by a Dundee company. They are called Scottish Silkworm and a third of the price of any of the equivalents in outdoor shops, free next day delivery. And in pretty colours too! I've also got (not quite so proud) rehydration salts, mozzy repellant, ration packs of all day breakfast (in case I can't handle any more chillies) and a brand new toy which my Mum would love - a Buff / Buffera. It's a sort of balaclava/scarf effort, a tube of material with no seams anywhere so you shouldn't get itchy. It's dead versatile, UV repellant and makes me look like a funky pirate. What more could a girl ask for? I'll get back to you on that one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The excitement builds.....