Wednesday 11 March 2015

The Doctor will see you now.

Last week the RCVS decided that vets can now call themselves "Dr" if they wish. Don't get me started on what a pointless ego stroking waste of funds I think this is. The main point is - I was against it, in an eye-rolling "it's not very British" sort of fashion.

Today I was in a supermarket, and I was waylaid by a chirpy young man with an ipad who was doing a survey about all sorts of seemingly unrelated things. I think the main drive was to get your details so they can cold call you. Anyway, he was being annoyingly cheerful whilst I was feeling slightly put upon, and so when he said - "Is it Miss or Mrs?" I heard myself say "It's Doctor."
"Right, of course Doctor, sorry" he said.

Everyone loves a good power trip, but in half a second I turned into the very sort of arsehole I had been complaining about. It will be interesting to see how this pans out!

No comments: